fellowship and cooperation between the various Anglican Jurisdictions in the Americas. On this site you will learn about the goals, privileges and procedures for membership.
Plenary Meeting of the Federation of Anglican Churches in the Americas
The upcoming FACA Meeting, on Tuesday, May 16, is being hosted by St. Barnabas, Dunwoody, 4795 N. Peachtree Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338, in the suburbs NE of Atlanta.
We will meet from 9 am to 3 pm.
The recommended hotel is the Crown Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, because it is close to the Church, and is the one we will be using for the Joint Synods in October.
Phone 800-554-0055, or 770-395-7700 to make your reservation. You will be reserving as an individual, at 187.00 plus tax. Enough of us will have cars to take you to the Church on Tuesday morning.
To get to the hotel from the airport, take the "MARTA" at the airport, and go to the Dunwoody Station. From the Dunwoody Station you can see the Hotel and walk to it, or, if you need a shuttle, call the Hotel at 770-395-7700, or me, at 610-955-8769, and I, or someone at St. Barnabas, will come to your aid.
A blessed Pre-Lent to all, in Christ,
+Paul C. Hewett
Calendar of all synods, meetings and special events as they are announced:
1. FACA is a Federation of Anglican Provinces or Jurisdictions in North and South America which hold to the primacy of Holy Scripture, the Ecumenical Creeds and Councils, adhere to the 39 Articles of Religion, and the principles of the Chicago-Lambeth Quadrilateral. Each member jurisdiction has adopted one of the historical Books of Common Prayer (as the primary standard for worship).
2. The autonomy of the individual Provinces, or Jurisdictions and their local parishes is in no way restricted or superceded by membership in FACA.
3. The Federation will seek to maintain the Patronage of orthodox Primates in the Anglican Communion. Such patronage is for advisory purposes in expanding fellowship with those in the Anglican Communion and working in concert with the godly projects and programs of the Archbishops primarily in the Global South.
4. Some of the member jurisdictions of the Federation are also members of the Common Cause Partners in North America. All deliberations and actions of the Federation will be executed with sensitivity to the godly goals and purposes of the Common Cause Partners to proclaim the Gospel and effect unity among faithful Anglicans in North America.
5. Further information about membership in the Federation may be obtained by contacting the current representative of the Admissions Committee.
The Rt. Rev. Ray R. Sutton - Telephone- 972-248-6505